Transforming a police officer into a law enforcement professional begins with training. A well-trained officer has the necessary skills and knowledge needed to serve and protect the residents and visitors of Bal Harbour Village.
Our Officers undergo rigorous exercises, including physical training, tactical training, firearms and criminal investigations. The Training Unit is also responsible for creating and tracking new or revised department procedures.
Training Courses & Academy Procedures:
- Safe and Legal Traffic Stops
- Active Shooter Response Training
- Less Lethal Munitions Training
- Scenario-based Simulator Training
- Use of Force
- Crisis Intervention
- Crime Prevention
- Autism Awareness
- Active Shooter/Civilian response
- Identity Theft
- Fraud Prevention