This is an accessibility statement from the Village of Bal Harbour, Miami, Florida.
Measures to support accessibility
The Village of Bal Harbour takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of the Bal Harbour Resident and Visitor sites:
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Assign clear accessibility goals and responsibilities.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
If you use assistive technology (such as a Braille reader, screen reader, or TTY) and the format of any material on this website interferes with your ability to access information, please call +1. 305.866.4633 ext. 318 or e mail the Village Clerk’s Office at [email protected]. To enable us to respond in a manner most helpful to you, please indicate the nature of your accessibility problem, the preferred format in which to receive the material, the web address of the requested material, and your contact information. Users who need accessibility assistance can also contact us by phone through the Federal Information Relay Service at 1-800-877-8339 for TTY/Voice communication.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Bal Harbour Tourism Site is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
If you have additional questions regarding the accessibility of the Bal Harbour Resident or Visitor websites or encounter any accessibility barriers, please reach us on:
- Phone: +1.305.866.4633 ext. 318
- Postal Address: 655 96th Street Bal Harbour, Florida 33154
- email: [email protected]
Every effort will be made to respond to questions within 2 business days.
Limitations and alternatives
The Village takes its responsibility towards making our website accessible seriously. We are continuously working to enhance our website to increase accessibility for all users, including those with disabilities. The Village is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. We have actively taken steps and devoted resources to increase the accessibility of our website to adhere to standards recommended WCAG. Fuseideas, our website provider, also upgrades our site with the latest accessibility software technology.
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Bal Harbour websites , there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations of the Bal Harbour websites:
- Events Calendar Pro plugin: We have identified issues with the tabbing functionality of Events in the Calendar. We are working with the Events Calendar support team to resolve the issue. Please contact us if you need any information about one of our events.
- Foreign Language Articles: Articles which are published in languages other than English may have accessibility limitations. Please contact us if you need information about a specific article.
This statement was created on 15 September 2022 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.