PARKS AND PUBLIC SPACES DEPARTMENT
Beach Service Technician-Fulltime
$20.00 - $30.00 Hourly
$1,600. - $2,400. Bi-Weekly
Nature of Work:
This position performs skilled work in the maintenance of the coastal area within the Village. Emphasis will be placed on aesthetics and appearance of the beach paths, dune system, and Bal Harbour Beach area. Work schedule and work tasks are subject to change based on emergencies and the nature of the assigned tasks.
Illustrative Examples of Essential Duties:
• Ensure coastal area cleanliness
• Perform inspections of beach raking contractor
• Remove large objects which was ashore
• Inspect garbage cans, recycling bins, and dog waste stations
• Remove seaweed when authorized by using hand tools or machinery
• Haul seaweed that is removed from shore by utilizing a dump trailer or a grapple truck
• Report erosion issues to the immediate supervisor
• Notify supervisor of any hazardous conditions
• Pressure wash the jetty as needed
• Rake sand on dune access crossovers
• Inspect rope and posts and make repairs as needed
• Ensure hotels and condominiums are observing beach policies
• Remove sand from surface of ADA mats and make small adjustments/repairs as needed
• Inspect Landscaping and report the staffing numbers utilized by the landscaping contractor
• Rake beach paths with a small machine for a smooth and clean appearance
• Remove sand from the road and the paved surfaces
• Operate heavy equipment
• Prepares or completes various forms, reports, correspondence, or other documents.
• Receives various forms, reports, correspondence, manuals, reference materials, or other documentation; reviews, completes, processes, forwards or retains as appropriate
• Perform related work as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Proficiency in the operation of trucks and backing trailers
• Proficiency in the operation of heavy equipment
• Ability to operate a chainsaw
• Mechanical aptitude
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with co-workers and the general public
• Ability to understand and carry out simple oral and written instructions
• Ability to lift heavy objects
• A willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and nights.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma, GED or equivalent certificate of competency, with more than three (3) years of work experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position.
Licenses, Certifications and Registrations:
• Must possess a valid Florida Class “B” Commercial Driver’s License
• An ISA Certified Arborist and/or FNGLA Horticultural Professional Certification is desired
Essential Physical Skills:
• Must have the use of sensory skills in order to effectively communicate and interact with other employees and the public through the use of the telephone, personal contact and in writing.
• Use of hands and fingers with required dexterity to operate various hand and power tools
• Continuous walking, moving, climbing, carrying, bending, kneeling, crawling, reaching, handling, sitting, standing, pushing, and pulling
• Ability to lift heavy objects over twenty (20) pounds.
• Work performed outside in various weather conditions including: noise, dust, chemicals, solvents, grease or oils, electrical energy, slippery surfaces.
• Work performed above and below ground level, in water.
• Work may be performed at heights.
• General Supervision and specific assignments are received from and reviewed by various supervisory level staff up to and including the Parks & Public Spaces Department Director.
• Duties are performed with limited independence requiring the exercise of discretion, sound judgment and initiative.
• Work is reviewed for compliance with generally accepted operational practices, established departmental policies and standards, and through conversation, observation, analysis of reports, recommendations and results achieved.
• Supervision is exercised on a limited basis for semi and unskilled labor assigned to complete assigned tasks.
To apply send your Resume attached via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org